By Ogbu Kenneth Chigozie
Sunday igboho has been in the news lately following his seven-day notice to Fulani herdsmen in the Ibarapa axis of Oyo State to leave the area in the wake of the high rate of insecurity in the state.
According to Sunday Igboho Fulani herdsman have been responsible for the killings and kidnappings happing in Oke-Ogun and Ibarapa. However, some people strongly believe Sunday Igboho is a liar and that Fulani Herdsmen don’t carry guns but sticks.
If you are among those people who think Fulani Herdsmen don’t carry guns, take a look at the photos of Fulani Herdsmen who have been arrested with deadly weapons.
1. In 2018, the Oyo State Police Command arrested sixteen herdsmen, who kidnapped officials of the West African Examinations Council in Kishi area of the state.
2. These Fulani Herdsmen were Arrested with guns in Adamawa
3. This Fulani herdsmen was arrested with AK47 rifles in Kaduna state.
4. These Fulani Herdsmen were arrested with weapons in Ogun state.
5 . These Fulani herdsmen were arrested with arms and ammunition used in terrorising residents of Ayetoro in Yewa North area of Ogun state
6. Below are photos of 92 Fulani Herdsmen arrested weapons. They were nabbed in Abuja by soldiers in 2018.
With these pictures above, I’m very sure you will understand why Sunday igboho is angry.
However he has no right to give Fulani Herdsmen a 7 days notice to leave the Ibarapa axis of Oyo State. Let the NIgerian police and army keep on doing their jobs by arresting any Fulani Herdsmen with weapons.