Bayelsa Youths Will Be Empowered When Am Elected As The Governor Of Bayelsa State –David Lyon.
…....Here Are Some Of My Empowerment Programmes For Youths.
Bayelsa State____ According to the Flag bearer, APC in Bayelsa State Governorship Aspirant David Lyon, engaging youths in meaningful activities will reduce negative influences such as drugs, alcohol addiction, gang affiliation and other forms of criminal activities. To an appreciable extent many of these worrysome behaviours and lifestyles which are destroying our youths, can be shunned through their active involvement and engagement in these programmes.
Here Are Some Of His Empowerment Programmes He About To Launch When Elected As The Governor.
1. Our Government will introduce Bayelsa Youth Empowerment Scheme (BYES), designed to empower 1000 youths (yearly) across the state, make them self-reliant, generate employment and reduce poverty to its bearest minimum.
The economic empowerment scheme which is designed to train youths in catering, makeover, gele tying, shoe making, Carpentry, Plumbing, Welding and tailoring skills for the period of 9 months, will be held at Youth Centres that will be built in every Local Govt Head quarters in the state.
2. We will bring back the Glory days of Bayelsa Volunteer, where over 2000 youths across the state will be engaged as Volunteers, and thirty Thousand Naira (N30,000) will be paid monthly.
3. We will introduce effective free education/feeding scheme from Primary to Secondary.
We will upgrade our Secondary Schools to Technical Schools with sofisticated equipment in all the Local Governments across the state. Students before graduation must learn at least one skill.
Our State own Tertiary Institution will be fully funded and school fees reduced to the bearest minimum hence making to affordable for parents
4. Our Government already has a designed plan to build a mini sport complex in all the 8 Local Govt Areas of the state. With a plan to introduce Bayelsa Football League and other sporting events. Every LGA will own a team, and the teams must comprise only (indigenes) youths from that Local Government Area.
5. I will introduce a yearly Bayelsa Talent Hunt Project (BTHP) were youths, especially the unemployed, through participation (in the Talent Hunt Show) will be given the opportunity to showcase and nurture their inherent talents for the benefit of the society. Winners in various categories will be sponsored to realize their visions.
We are assuring youths that our government would continue to create conducive environment for youth leadership, participatory platforms, entrepreneurship trainings and empowerment programmes for them to thrive.
Our Youths must be empowered.
Bayelsa but be great in our time.
Vote Chief David Lyon and Degi Eremienyo for a better and prosperous Bayelsa.
POWERED BY: David Lyon Campaign Squad.